Prairie Lakes Healthcare System offers a full-service retail pharmacy conveniently located in the lobby of Prairie Lakes Hospital. Prairie Lakes Campus Pharmacy serves walk-in customers as well as inpatients and outpatients of Prairie Lakes Healthcare System.
Fully licensed pharmacy staff members work closely with physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals to meet a full scope of pharmacy needs for patients and customers.
The Pharmacy scope of services includes:
- Dispensing of quality pharmaceuticals to customers and patients
- Offering drug information/education and counseling
- Retaining patient/customer history profiles
- Communicating with medical staff regarding patient prescriptions
- Monitoring and assurance of quality drugs
- Maintaining a high standard of professionalism in the selection, use, administration and monitoring of all pharmaceuticals
In addition to fulfilling the prescription needs of patients and customers, Prairie Lakes Campus Pharmacy also offers a variety of over-the-counter medications ranging from pain relievers to vitamins. All of the over-the-counter medications are carefully selected to ensure customers receive high-quality, economical products. The knowledgeable pharmacy staff members are glad to answer any questions relating to these products.
Prairie Lakes Campus Pharmacy is open for retail business Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The phone number is 882-7790.
The convenient location of Prairie Lakes Campus Pharmacy in the hospital lobby allows one less stop for patients being discharged from the hospital or for people receiving services from:
- Same Day Surgery
- Emergency Room
- Kidney Dialysis
- Home Health
- Sanford Clinic - Watertown
Working Together with Other Hospital Departments
Operating in conjunction with the hospital pharmacy, Prairie Lakes Campus Pharmacy offers special services to patients of other hospital service departments or other on-campus facilities.
Clients of the Prairie Lakes Home Health program are invited to take advantage of the services offered by Prairie Lakes Campus Pharmacy. These special services include:
- Home delivery of prescriptions by Home Health nurses
- Home Health nurse dispensing prescriptions into the client's pill boxes or organizers
- Review of patient education materials by Home Health nurse
- Mailing prescriptions directly to the client's home
Home Health clients who are not customers of Prairie Lakes Campus Pharmacy can easily be transferred to Prairie Lakes Campus Pharmacy by pharmacy personnel. After the transfer, clients may begin taking advantage of these convenient services immediately.