As a not-for-profit organization, Prairie Lakes Healthcare System is required to provide community benefit to maintain our tax exempt status. We do this by treating patients regardless of their ability to pay and through community building activities.
Numerous programs and organizations receive financial, volunteer, and leadership support from Prairie Lakes and our employees. Among them are:
- United Way
- Human Service Agency
- Focus Watertown
- National Kidney Foundation
- Boys and Girls Club of Watertown
- Joy Ranch.
Prairie Lakes Healthcare System is proud to support organizations and activities that benefit the region we serve. We give priority to funding areas that relate to our mission and vision and support community health initiatives. We ask that all organizations requesting financial or in-kind support review the following guidelines and complete a short form.
- Must fill out and submit a Donation Request Form 45 days prior to when the donation is needed.
- Must be a 501(c)3 organization, government agency, or public education institute.
- Requests are reviewed by a committee. You will be notified by letter of the status of your request once it has been reviewed.
- Previous funding does not guarantee funding in subsequent years.
Limitations - areas that are not funded:
- Political activity
Community Health Needs Assessment
Prairie Lakes Healthcare System completed a community health needs assessment. The purpose of this assessment was to allow Prairie Lakes to identify the health needs of its service area, prioritize these needs, and implement a strategy to address these needs. As a tax-exempt hospital, Prairie Lakes is required by Section 9007 of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 to conduct a community health needs assessment at least once every three years and implement a strategy to meet the needs identified through the assessment.