“Many times our patients want support from a loved one while receiving healthcare services. We understand that desire and recognize the importance of support, “said K.C. DeBoer, President and CEO. “Our leadership is certain we can now change our visitor policy to allow some visitors while maintaining proper safety measures to protect our staff, patients, and community.”
General rules of the Limited Visitor Policy include:
- Hospital entry for visitors is available at the East ER Entrance only.
- Visitors must check in and check out.
- Visiting hours are 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- 24/7 visiting hours are allowed for Emergency Services, pediatric patients, end-of-life care, and patients with special needs.
- Note for OB: One support person is allowed 24/7.
- Visitors will need to follow entrance screening protocols and wear a mask over their mouth and nose at all times during their visit.
- They are asked to please bring a mask, cloth face covering, or homemade mask.
- Visitors cannot have been exposed to COVID-19, have influenza or flu-like symptoms and if they do they will be asked to leave the facility for the protection of patients, staff and other visitors.
- Visitors include a care partner for patients with an appointment, staying in the hospital, or receiving emergent care.
- One visitor per patient is allowed in the facility at one point in time.
- Two visitors are allowed for patients who are minors and patients actively receiving end-of-life care.
- No visitors are allowed for patients in isolation, with consideration given to end-of-life situations.
- No visitors are allowed for patients in kidney dialysis.
More Visitor Information:
One point of contact: Patients at Prairie Lakes may have one designated individual to whom you authorize as the point of contact for updates. This point of contact is important as they will be responsible to update others as you choose.
The designated point of contact may call 882-7000 and ask for your nurse if they would like an update. We encourage patients to use virtual communication like video chat or phone calls during their stay.
- Free wifi is available under the network PLHSGuest.
- Room service is available for inpatient guests, simply order off of the menu and pay upon delivery.