After a very long year we are finally at a point where we feel confident we can begin to make some changes to bring us back to our new normal. We recognize that family member, caretaker, and visitor support is important to our patients. Prairie Lakes Healthcare System leadership is confident we can now update our visitor policy to allow more visitors while maintaining proper safety measures to protect our staff, patients, and the community.
Starting Monday, March 29, 2021 we will increase the allowed number of visitors to a maximum of two visitors per patient at one time. Patients in isolation (for example, patients in COVID isolation) will not be allowed visitors, exceptions will be made for end-of-life situations.
- Visiting hours are 5:00 am – 8:00 p.m.
- 24/7 visiting hours are allowed for Emergency Services, pediatric patients, end-of-life care, and patients with special needs.
- A support person (visitor) is allowed 24/7 in OB.
- Visitors are required to wear a mask during the duration of their visit, covering their nose and mouth at all times. If visitors present without a mask, masks will be available at the entrances.
- Visitors are asked to remain with the patient they are visiting or accompanying at all times during the visit, or per direction of PLHS staff.
- Clergy do not count towards a patient’s number of allowed visitors.
More Visitor Information:
One point of contact: Patients at Prairie Lakes may have one designated individual to whom you authorize as the point of contact for updates. This point of contact is important as they will be responsible to update others as you choose.
The designated point of contact may call 882-7000 and ask for your nurse if they would like an update. We encourage patients to use virtual communication like video chat or phone calls during their stay.
- Free wifi is available under the network PLHSGuest.
- Room service is available for inpatient guests, simply order off of the menu and pay upon delivery.