A FREE evening for women in celebration of Heart Month.
Pre-registration ends at midnight Thursday, February 22nd. If you miss this deadline, you are still welcome to attend and register at the event.
The first 500 adult attendees to check-in at the event will receive a copy of Eliz Greene's new book.
4:00 pm Doors open
4:00 - 6:15 pm
Booths, breakout sessions, mini massages, healthy living food samples and recipes, and salad bar available.
Booths & Screenings:
All of the following are services at Prairie Lakes Healthcare System.
- Breast Services - show and tell
- CCU & Inpatient Care - medication tracking
- Cardiac Rehab - information
- Cardiology - heart health quiz
- Cath Lab - show and tell
- Dermatology - healthy skin
- Ear, Nose and Throat - sinus health
- Emergency Services - how to stop a bleed
- Foundation - buy a raffle ticket for a chance to win a trip
- General Surgery - acid reflux and varicose veins
- Home Health & Hospice - myths about hospice
- Nephrology - kidney health myths
- Nutritional Services - new food labels
- Body composition screening
- Healthy living food samples and recipes
- Radiology - drawing for a Target Heart or Stroke Screen
- Rehab - pain management
- Urology - bladder infections
- Wound Care - how to make a first aid kit
Breakout sessions in the side rooms:
- “Acid reflux: When should I be concerned?” by Dr. Gerrish
- “Anti-aging: What is available and does it work?” by Dr. Smith
- “Are your legs summer ready?” by Dr. Schaeffer
- “Do you sprinkle when you are trying not to tinkle?” by Jackie Lake, PT
- “How well do you know your kidneys?” by Dr. Melanson
- “Sinusitis: When to see a Ear, Nose & Throat Specialist (ENT).” by Dr. Mancell
- “Kids Ear, Nose & Throat issues: When to see your ENT.” by Dr. Mancell
- “Minimally invasive procedures: What are my options?” by Dr. Kamlitz
- ”What you need to know about bladder infections.” by Dr. Lanctin
6:30 pm Program in the Ballroom
Keynote address “The Trouble with Busy. Shattering the Myth of Work-Life Balance” by Eliz Greene
Surviving a heart attack at age 35 while seven months pregnant with twins propelled Eliz Greene on a mission to share her story to inspire other busy people to pay attention to their health. Recognizing stress as an essential and often under-addressed risk factor, Eliz conducted a research study on job stress. Eliz is an author and writes a Top Health and Wellness Blog. She was named as a Top Online Influencer on Stress and Heart Health. She’s been seen on CNN, PBS, Lifetime, TNT, and many national and local news programs. A national spokesperson and advocate for the American Heart Association, Eliz received the Heart Hero Award in 2010. More recently, she has partnered on the Take Cholesterol To Heart campaign. Today, Eliz is a healthy 52-year old living in Milwaukee, Wisconsin with her wonderful husband, Clay, their beautiful (now 17-year-old) daughters.
8:15 (approximate time) Door prizes announced and close of event.
Register with your name and contact information for an exclusive raffle drawing for a Coach clutch, this drawing is only for those who pre-register online! Must be present to win.
*If registering a group, each attendee's name and contact information must to be included to be entered into the drawing.
Print the flyer