The AHA’s ECG & Pharmacology Course is American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care.
This classroom-based, Instructor-led course covers basic electrophysiology, normal ECG measurements, basic arrhythmias and the administration of appropriate drugs within the ACLS algorithms. The course contains two modules, ECG and Pharmacology; offering hands on practice with rhythm strip interpretation.
The Core Objectives:
- Provide a foundational knowledge of basic anatomy
- Describe the relationship of the conduction system to this basic anatomy
- Relate the electrophysiology of the cardiac electrical activation and current conduction to the surface electrocardiogram
- Understand how to recognize the normal electrocardiogram and make basic measurement
- Recognize and identify basic arrhythmias
You should prepare for the course by: Reviewing AHA ECG & Pharmacology Professional Workbook at least through p.11. Available for purchase $13.00 contact Dory Gassman
*Classes may be cancelled 72 hours prior if there are less than 5 participants registered.*
Direct questions to:
Dory Gassman RN, BSN,CEN
Staff Development Coordinator
Prairie Lakes Healthcare System
401 9th AV NW
Watertown, SD 57201