Register with your name and contact information for an exclusive raffle drawing for a Vera Bradley backpack. This drawing is only for those who pre-register online before the cut-off on the night of February 27. Must be present to win.
*If registering a group, each attendee's name and contact information must be included to be entered into the drawing.
A free night out to learn about health!
Giving Back: Please consider donating a new pair of pajamas size newborn through adult at Ladies Night Out. Families and individuals who receive services from the Beacon Center will benefit from your donation!
4:00 pm Doors open
4:00 - 6:30: Learn about different health and wellness topics at our booths, sample dietitian approved foods, enjoy a mini massage, and receive health screenings.
Booths & Screenings:
All of the following are services at Prairie Lakes Healthcare System.
- Acid Reflux
- Breast Services
- CCU & Inpatient Care
- Cardiac Rehab
- Cardiology and Cath Lab
- Ear, Nose and Throat
- Emergency Services
- General Surgery
- Home Health & Hospice
- Maternal Child Health
- Nutritional Services
- Body composition screening
- "Cold weather side dishes" samples and recipes
- Radiology - drawing for a Target Heart or Stroke Screen
- Surgical Services
- Wound Care
4:30: Break out sessions with healthcare providers (20 minutes)
- How well do you know your kidneys? - [Coteau] - Kari Fleming, PA-C & Stefanie Roby, PA-C (Nephrology)
- Cardiology Services - Cath Lab - [Prairie] - Dr. Maaliki (Cardiology)
- Gut Health - [Heritage] - Dr. Gerrish (General Surgery)
- Staying Healthy in the Winter Months - Ideas! - [Heartland] - Katie Stransky, PT
5:00 p.m.: Break-out Sessions with Healthcare Providers (20 minutes)
- Urology Q & A - [Coteau] - Dr. Adducci (Urology)
- What is Sepsis? & What do I need to know? - [Prairie] - Dr. Javaid (Hospitalist)
- Breast Health – I found a lump, now what? - [Heritage] - Dr. Schaeffer (General Surgery)
- When to see an ENT - [Heartland] - Dr. Dorrity (Ear, Nose & Throat)
5:30 p.m.: Break-out Sessions with Healthcare Providers (20 minutes)
- Valvular Heart Disease - [Prairie] - Dr. Miller (Cardiology)
- Repeat of the 4:30 sessions in the other rooms.
6:00 p.m.: Break-out Sessions with Healthcare Providers (20 minutes) (Repeat of the 5:00 sessions)
5:30 - 6:30: Salad bar open in the Ballroom
6:30: pm Program in the Ballroom
Keynote address: Take a hilarious trip with Brenda Elsagher as she presents "Humor, Hope and Healing for Everyone"
You will be laughing hysterically before you know it as Brenda tells her stories in a conversational manner. A colorectal cancer survivor at age 39, wife, and mother of two children under 6, she realized humor would be the key to dealing with the challenges of life.
The audience relates to Brenda as she shows how we can laugh in the face of some tough times. Brenda is known for her ability to talk about taboo subjects with honesty and humor. You don't want to miss it!
8:30 (approximate time) Door prizes announced and close of event.