The third Thursday of November is "National Rural Health Day" - a time to celebrate the selfless and hard-working spirit that prevails in rural communities.
Rural communities are excellent places to live, work, and raise a family which is why more than 61 million Americans chose a rural lifestyle. Providing healthcare and health education that addresses specific needs in rural communities can be challenging- but Prairie Lakes Healthcare System (PLHS) is here to meet those needs.
As an independent healthcare system, PLHS is proud to deliver big-city technology and medical services to rural north-east South Dakota and north-west Minnesota. We have earned the prestigious Top 20 Rural Community Hospital Award from the National Association of Rural Hospitals five times in the last six years, most recently in March 2022.
- Sisseton, SD - Oncology, Nephrology, Orthopedics
- Webster, SD - Oncology
- Huron, SD - Nephrology & Dermatology
- Milbank, SD - Dermatology, Oncology, Orthopedics, Urology, General Surgery
- Ortonville, MN - Orthopedics, General Surgery, Nephrology
- Dawson, MN - Cardiology & Oncology
- Madison, MN - Oncology & Orthopedics
- Montevideo, MN - Oncology
- Appleton, MN - Oncology
Taking care of patients in a rural community means that we know our patients. We have a special connection with the people we care for because they are our neighbors, our friends, and our family. We continue to go the extra mile to meet and serve our patients where they live and work. The Prairie Lakes mission is to provide our patients exceptional care every day - wherever they may be.