Prairie Lakes Nephrology provides diagnosis and treatment for patients with kidney diseases. Our nephrology program also provides service for patients with disorders like electrolyte disturbance and hypertension and operates three dialysis units located in Watertown, SD; Sisseton, SD; and Ortonville, MN. Dr. Tina Melanson, nephrologist, certified physician assistant Kari Fleming and Stefanie Roby, are committed to providing comprehensive care to residents in northeastern South Dakota and western Minnesota.
You may see a nephrologist, if you are feeling symptoms of chronic kidney disease, such as:
- A metallic taste in the mouth or ammonia breath
- Protein aversion (no longer wanting to eat meat)
- Swelling in the face, feet or hands
- Shortness of breath (from fluid in the lungs)
- Making more or less urine than usual
- Urine that is foamy or bubbly
- Feeling cold all the time
Nephrology is located on the 1st floor of the Prairie Lakes Specialty Clinic in Watertown. Patients may make a clinic appointment by calling 605-882-7777 or toll free at 855-465-8897.