Prairie Lakes Nephrology provides diagnosis and treatment for patients with kidney diseases. Our nephrology program also provides service for patients with disorders like electrolyte disturbance and hypertension and operates three dialysis units located in Watertown, SD; Sisseton, SD; and Ortonville, MN. Dr. Tina Melanson, nephrologist, certified physician assistant Kari Fleming and certified nurse practioner Kris Goens, are committed to providing comprehensive care to residents in northeastern South Dakota and western Minnesota.
You may see a nephrologist, if you are feeling symptoms of chronic kidney disease, such as:
- A metallic taste in the mouth or ammonia breath
- Protein aversion (no longer wanting to eat meat)
- Swelling in the face, feet or hands
- Shortness of breath (from fluid in the lungs)
- Making more or less urine than usual
- Urine that is foamy or bubbly
- Feeling cold all the time
Dr. Melanson, Kari Fleming, and Kris Goens see patients at the Prairie Lakes Nephrology Clinic and provide outreach services in the region. For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call the Nephrology Clinic at 605-882-5455. No referral is necessary.