Prairie Lakes Healthcare System supports you with a wide range of events, classes, and support groups.
Support groups offer information to help cope with a chronic disease or life event. But a big benefit of support groups is meeting people in a similar situation. Our staff guides the group on a particular topic. Most support groups are lead by Prairie Lakes staff, but we do support other groups who are independent.
Prairie Lakes Support Groups:
- Prairie Lakes Grief Support Group
- Prairie Lakes Cancer Support Group
Other Community Support Groups:
A variety of support groups are available in the community through churches and non-profits. These are the independent groups hosted at or supported by Prairie Lakes.
- IBS Support Group
- Watertown Area Breast Cancer Support Group
- Your Total Joint Journey. A class for patients considering or scheduled for total joint replacement surgery.
- Childbirth & Expectant Parent Classes
Regularly Occurring Events
- Community Blood Drives
- Core 4's 12-week weight maintenance & nutrition program
- Ladies Night Out, February
- Memorial Butterfly Release, June
- Celebrating Life! A breast cancer awareness and life celebration event, October
- Footprints on My Heart during Infant Loss Awareness Month, October
- Hope for the Holidays Memorial, December
Fundraising Events that Benefit the Foundation
- Yellow Rose Week, June
- Hospital Hill Run, June
- BASH gala, Spring
- American Heart Association Courses
- Strength & Conditioning Programs