Prairie Lakes Healthcare System supports you with a wide range of events, classes, and support groups.
Support groups offer information to help cope with a chronic disease or life event. But a big benefit of support groups is meeting people in a similar situation. Our staff guides the group on a particular topic. Most support groups are lead by Prairie Lakes staff, but we do support other groups who are independent.
Prairie Lakes Support Groups:
- Prairie Lakes Diabetes Support Group
- Prairie Lakes Bereavement Support Group
- Prairie Lakes Cancer Support Group
- Prairie Lakes Breastfeeding Support Group
Other Community Support Groups:
A variety of support groups are available in the community through churches and non-profits. These are the independent groups hosted at or supported by Prairie Lakes.
- IBS Support Group
- Watertown Area Breast Cancer Support Group
- Your Total Joint Journey. A free educational class for patients considering or scheduled for total joint replacement surgery and their caregiver or coach.
- Childbirth & Expectant Parent Classes.
- Community Blood Drives.
- Core 4's 12-week weight maintenance program.
- Ladies Night Out, February.
- Memorial Butterfly Release, June.
- Celebrating Life! A breast cancer awareness and life celebration event, October.
- Footprints on My Heart during Infant Loss Awareness Month, October.
- Hope for the Holidays, December.
Fundraising Events that Benefit the Foundation
- Yellow Rose Week, June.
- Hospital Hill Run, June.
- BASH gala.
- American Heart Association Courses