Prairie Lakes Healthcare System is dedicated to deliver safe care. Additional policies and measures were enacted this spring due to the uncertain nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, including a No Visitor Policy. Prairie Lakes is confident that a Limited Visitor Policy can now take affect while continuing to protect staff and patients alike. The Limited Visitor Policy will begin on Monday, June 22.
“Many times our patients want support from a loved one while receiving healthcare services. We understand that desire and recognize the importance of support, “said K.C. DeBoer, President and CEO. “Our leadership is certain we can now change our visitor policy to allow some visitors while maintaining proper safety measures to protect our staff, patients, and community.”
General rules of the Limited Visitor Policy include:
- Prairie Lakes Healthcare System facilities will allow one visitor at a time per patient 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- 24/7 visiting hours are allowed for Emergency Services, OB, pediatric patients, end-of-life care, and patients with special needs.
- Visitors include a care partner for patients with an appointment, staying in the hospital, or receiving emergent care.
- Patients receiving end-of-life care may have two visitors at a time.
- Hospital entry for visitors is available at the East ER Entrance only.
- Visitors will need to follow entrance screening protocols and wear a mask over their mouth and nose at all times during their visit.
- They are asked to please bring a mask, cloth face covering, or homemade mask.
- Visitors cannot have been exposed to COVID-19, have influenza or flu-like symptoms and if they do they will be asked to leave the facility for the protection of patients, staff and other visitors.
- No visitors will be allowed for patients in isolation, with consideration given to end of life situations.
- The No Visitor Policy remains in effect for Kidney Dialysis.