Your Blood Matters.
What can be done to make sure your friends, neighbors, and family receive the blood they need? It’s simple – donate blood to the Community Blood Bank.
The Blood Mobile will be parked outside of the Prairie Lakes Specialty Clinic from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm. on Tuesday, February 27th.
Update: All donors will receive a $10 Hy-Vee gift card!
Ten reasons why you should give blood:
- You can save up to 3 lives!
- Not everyone is eligible to donate blood. Only 38% of the population can donate, so if you're able, you are a selected minority.
- Your body will make new blood. It takes about 24 hours to replace plasma and about 4-6 weeks to replace red blood cells.
- Giving blood is not painful. You may feel a slight prick initially but it doesn't last long.
- Donating blood burns calories! Your body will burn approximately 650 calories just by donating.
- You get a free well-check. Before you give, the phlebotomist will check your blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and hemoglobin levels. You may also be screened by HIV, Hepatitis, and other diseases.
- It takes only 30 to 40 minutes of your time.
- You feel a boost in confidence and your emotional well-being knowing that you have done a good deel and are a part of saving lives.
- There is no substitute for human blood. Blood can not be manufactured in any way and it always in high demand.
- You may be one of the 25% of people who need blood donation one day.
Donation times are available from 8:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. and again from 12:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. Check-in is in the Prairie Lakes Specialty Clinic main lobby.
To schedule your appointment, click the link below and select an available time. You can also call Community Blood Bank at 605-331-3222.
Blood donors must be at least 16 years old (16 years old with a signed parent consent form found at www.cbblifeblood.org) weigh 110 pounds or more and be in good general health.
Donors exhibiting COVID, cold or flu symptoms are unable to donate.
Valid identification is required at the time of registration.
It is recommended that a person eat and drink plenty of fluid prior to donating blood. Avoid energy drinks.
Walk-ins will be accepted, if there is room or a cancellation – staff on event day will manage this process