What can be done to make sure your friends, neighbors, and family receive the blood they need? It’s simple – donate blood to the Community Blood Bank.
The great thing about the Community Blood Bank, is that all the blood stays within your community. A safe, cost-effective supply of blood is delivered to local hospitals, like Prairie Lakes Healthcare System. If you or someone you know receives blood or blood products from medical treatment, we rely on local support to help replenish the units used, so it is available for other patients.
Update: Community Blood Bank will be giving away $5 Scooters gift certificates to each donor!
Join us to donate blood on Thursday, August 18th from 8:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m., check-in is in the Prairie Lakes Specialty Clinic.
As reported by the Community Blood Bank in their summer newsletter, "550 units of blood are needed every week to meet the needs of our hospitals. It's so important to give what you are able, so that we can continue to have a safe and ready blood supply."
Guidelines to Donate:
- Blood donors must be at least 17 years old (16 years old with a signed parent consent form found at www.cbblifeblood.org) weigh 110 pounds or more and be in good general health.
- Donors exhibiting cold or flu symptoms are unable to donate.
- Valid identification is required at the time of registration.
- It is recommended that a person eat and drink plenty of fluid prior to donating blood.
- Online sign-up is preferred to help with social distancing
- Walk-ins will be accepted, if there is room or a cancellation – staff on event day will manage this process
- When donating on the Bloodmobile, masks are optional despite vaccination status (*Masks are required during the check-in process in the Prairie Lakes Specialty Clinic)
- The donor will be asked to read the Covid-19 questions at the registration table