Provide hope and impact local lives in our community!
The Blood Mobile will be parked outside of the Prairie Lakes Specialty Clinic from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm. on Monday, January 16th.
As a blood donor, you are participating in a vital community service to ensure the Community Blood Bank can meet the needs of patients within our community. 8 out of 10 of us will require blood or blood products in our lifetime - this is your opportunity to give back to others in need today. 550 units of blood are needed every week to meet the needs of our local hospitals so it is imperative that anyone who is able to donate blood does so.
Update: Community Blood Bank will be randomly drawing winners from the list of donors to receive a $25 Hy-Vee gift card!
Donation times are available from 8:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. and again from 12:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. Check-in is in the Prairie Lakes Specialty Clinic main lobby.
Guidelines to Donate:
- Blood donors must be at least 17 years old (16 years old with a signed parent consent form found at www.cbblifeblood.org) weigh 110 pounds or more and be in good general health.
- Donors exhibiting cold or flu symptoms are unable to donate.
- Valid identification is required at the time of registration.
- It is recommended that a person eat and drink plenty of fluid prior to donating blood. Avoid energy drinks.
- Online sign-up is preferred to help with social distancing
- Walk-ins will be accepted, if there is room or a cancellation – staff on event day will manage this process